Friday, November 7, 2008

Is Irish Music on the Decline? Wow... Not In My Circles...

Read this...

http://ramblinghouse.wordpress.com/2008/11/07/downbeat-trend-for-irish-music/

This is an interesting blog post I came accross... suggesting a "downbeat trend" in interest in Irish music over the last few years based on Google web searches on "Irish Music."

I would not have guessed this at all based on the ever expanding number of and attendance at Irish Music festivals and the increasing attendance at Irish music classes and arts groups that I have seen over the last few years.

While the data don't lie... maybe people aren't searching for it cause they have already found it?

P

  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello P
Thanks for the feedback. I hope I'm wrong and that any decline is mostly at the business end of Irish music. OK, the reduced pagination in Irish Music may reflect the move from CDs to downloads. But the loss of three well-known record shops in Ireland and the move by Glor in Ennis to broader musical tastes? And I fear festivals are only now joining the curve.
Meanwhile sessions, classes and other participation events - long may they thrive.

Slan

Ronan
Ramblinghouse,
Galway.