Friday, December 7, 2012



Waving the Terrible Towel & Singing the National Anthem at Heinz Field

I'm really excited for this coming weekend, Sunday, December 9th, and the opportunity to sing the National Anthem at the Pittsburg Steelers vs. San. Diego Chargers, 1 pm, football game! I am also especially grateful that all my family, including my Mom and Dad and brothers, John and Kenny will be with me! Being an American kid from Irish parents gives me the prospect of representing both cultures and fills me with a lot of pride! My parents, who are Irish immigrants, dont even carry their Irish citizenship anymore! For them, it is a testament of how proud they are to be American and how much they appreciate what an extraordinary opportunity it is to throve in a country like America.

I have a house full of boys here and I grew up with two brothers, so Sunday football has always a tradition in my family. Although the fan base in my family ranges from Giants to Cowboys, to Jets and last but not least, Steelers, I know they will all be rooting hard this Sunday! Pittsburg is a very Irish town with loyal fans and I am excited to wave that Terrible Towel in the air when I finish my last note!!

Cross your fingers for me and I hope I make you proud!! Check out our new website, when you get a chance, www.celticcross.com!
Cheers- Kathleen


No comments: