Monday, July 20, 2009

The Script... love a Dublin accent

I am such a sucker for well played pop with great lyrics. That is why anything by Taylor Swift stops me dead to listen...

I am also a total sucker for a Dublin accent singing those lyrics... a la Bono.

Found a new one to fit this bill last week while on vacation... on Twitter of all places. Then started hearing them on Sirius... and I expect you will start hearing a lot of them.

This new band is called The Script, and they deserve a listen. The Dublin trio opened for Paul McCartney last week in Citifield... a nice feather in the cap to share a stage with a Beatle.

I specifically recommend the iTunes Live: London Festival '08 - EP but their self-titled debut album is good top to bottom as well.

Let me know what you think...

No comments: